Monday, January 22, 2007

Every Journey Begins With One Step.

It's just after midnight and newly January 22nd.

I got home a few minutes ago from another weekend out of town, my favorite lately. This one was spent in Orange County and San Diego with friends. The drive back, which as usual took place in the dark on a nearly empty freeway, prompted the usual self reflection period that allows me to clear my head, step back, and take an introspective look at where I am and where I am going.

It's hard, in the midst of life, to look at your position in it objectively and consider if where you are is where is best for you. I realized that above everything else, in the broadest sense, the one thing that is important in my life is to move forward. The last thing I will ever want to be is stagnant. When I come to a point where I feel like i'm standing in one place, doing one thing, and I know that it's getting me nowhere fast, I know its time to make a change.

The more I thought about my life and where I am, the more I realized that I need to make changes in all different aspects - my career, my mindset, the people around me, the way I prioritize the things in my life... and I know that many times my thoughts go by the wayside unless I get them down in solid form.

So here goes. The title of this new blog I think is appropriate - the most fitting translation in Latin for "moving forward."

Promoveo Promovi Promotum.

No comments: